Toxic Mold

Toxic Mold Syndrome (TMS) is associated with allergic reactions that mimic other diseases. Respiratory symptoms such as wheezing, coughing, watery eyes, and skin irritation are the predominant symptoms. You can also experience, extreme fatigue, joint pain, vertigo/dizziness, itchy eyes/skin, sore throat, weight changes, mood swings, depression, anxiety among others. Mold is also known to cause asthma and life-threatening primary and secondary infections in immune-compromised patients. Mold can cause uncontrolled inflammation and compromise the immune system integrity, it also can damage the hypothalamus in the brain and disrupt the endocrine system too. 

According to Dr. Shoemaker’s (expert in Biotoxicity including TMS), Biotoxin Illness (also called CIRS – Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome) is defined as “an acute and chronic, systemic inflammatory response syndrome (a group of characteristic symptoms) acquired following exposure to the interior environment of a water-damaged building with resident toxigenic organisms, including, but not limited to fungi, bacteria, actinomycetes and mycobacteria as well as inflammagens such as endotoxins, beta glucans, hemolysins, proteinases, mannans and possibly spirocyclic drimanes; as well as volatile organic compounds“. As the illness progresses, you can develop auto-immunities, hormonal imbalances, shortness of breath, chronic fatigue, as well as the cognitive issues brought on by swelling of the frontal lobes, the hippocampus, and the cerebellum in the brain. Scary!   Mold can grow also on numerous food such as cereals, dried fruits, nuts and spices. To get rid of the mold 1st we need to target the source (house, food, cars…) eliminate it from there and of course detox our bodies of this toxicity. It is said that 80% of the population have been exposed to some type of mold, some of us react more than others. Old buildings (houses, churches, schools) usually have some mold hidden, or even in plain sight! If you think you have been exposed and are reacting to mold, consult your Doctor and get tested and treated. Most importantly find the responsible exposure place (work, house…) and get rid of the mold as soon as possible.

Pic: Annie Spratt, Unsplash

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: